RESIDENTIAL BUILDING SURVEYS.
A building survey is recommended for older properties or properties in poor condition. It is an extensive investigation of the property and results in a comprehensive, clearly presented report.
In addition to containing all the elements of a headline Survey, it also reports on the serious structural defects that threaten the stability and safety of the structure; and all other repairs that, in the surveyors opinion, require attention immediately or at some time in the future, to put the property into or maintain it in good condition for its age and type. This detailed inspection reports on the following:
• Clear ‘traffic light’ rating of the condition of different parts of the building, services, garage and outbuildings, showing problems that require varying degrees of attention; includes 50+ photographs.
• Serious structural defects that threaten the stability and safety of the structure.
• Essential repairs that require attention within six to twelve months.
• Guideline budgets for all defects and repairs.
• Other repairs that will require attention but are not considered urgent.
• Matters for your solicitor.
• Rebuild costs for insurance purposes.